I am all French Extremity; I am all transgressive. I cannot get enough of the deep prodding into the darkest places of the human psyche. I cannot tell myself, "okay, you have learned enough, time to watch a cozy movie now." No, instead, wide eyed, I stare at the screen, analyzing characters, their thoughts and their functionality with the enthusiasm of a student keen on getting all A's. There doesn't seem to be a boundary that I have, I seem to have no limits. Anything and everything, no matter how extreme, because hey, if you can find the edge, at least you know one exists. So far, I haven't found the edge.
I would be a genteels worst nightmare. I am the lack of social tact at a party or gathering. I am the friend who asks uncomfortable questions, and then asks, "but why?" Even worse is that I shock people, because I come across as beautiful and well put together, so I really end up spinning heads when I act like myself.
Sometimes I will eat with my hands, (this is always the case if I'm eating middle eastern or african dishes) and then ask people, "What, do I look like a savage? Oh, I had forgot that people in the postmodern era even thought of humans as savages, that is extremely English of you. I thought that ended with the colonial era."
In this way, the French Extremity forces off the guise of living, the masks of the everyday and pushes people to wake up to what is lurking underneath. The savage of the human is explored through the lens of a fragmented society, and the provocation is often not without purpose.
