And what did my nature attract, but a dominant, and compelling man, who refused to hide his own hypocrisy? I wanted to live in reverence, and be inside my own awestruck glory, turning myself inside out whenever you were near. I wanted my life to be an exposure, and you to be my healer, to lift me to a world beyond myself. I wanted to tremble with a delightful fear, at the mere mention of your name, at the sound of your voice I could faint to my knees. I imagined all the elements in nature would stop at your command. Surely, the animals ran to you in the wild, seeking your direction? My madness, under your framework, surely it was justified.
And my Utopia? What of my utopia now, Mr. high regard? Do you see it? Did it fall out of your vision at a whim?
And you? What did you do but forget me when your location changed? You, who let proximity become this stranglehold on my heart. You who said, "oh, you shouldn't have." You who told me to be strong when I was so weak. You who said my elegance, and my nature could not be matched. Why now, is all that I can hear your voice echoing, saying "Check mate"?
